Harbor Labs specializes in patent cases involving intellectual property in our core technology areas. We also have extensive experience in copyright and trade secret cases. Many of our cases have involved the DMCA. While our expertise is technology and not the law, we are familiar with basic patent law, copyright law and the DMCA, due to our many years working as testifying and consulting experts on legal cases.
Our talents lie not only in a deep understanding of technology, but in our ability to communicate complicated concepts to non-technical people. We have experience describing technology not only to judges, juries and attorneys, but also to legislative bodies and in the popular press.
We specialize in:
- Source code review to analyze a product for infringement or non-infringement of a patent. Download our white paper Guidelines for Source Code Review in Hi-Tech Litigation
- Searching for prior art that may invalidate a patent
- Analysis of prior art to determine or refute invalidity
- Reverse engineering of products for analysis when source code is not available
- Assisting with claim construction and Markman preparation and testimony
- Writing expert reports and assisting with the creation of courtroom demonstrables
Our clients include many Fortune 100 companies, and we have worked with the leading law firms, providing consulting services and expert testimony in these areas.